M.E.D. Brown

M. E. D. Brown, painter and lithographer, learned his craft with the Pendletons in Boston before moving to Philadelphia in 1831. He operated his own firm from 1832 to 1834 at 5 Library Street in Philadelphia. Brown worked in Boston in 1835 and Utica, New York from 1846 to around 1896.

www.library.upenn.edu

Website

Album 1

M.E.D. Brown, View on the Mohawk near Schuyler, Oil on canvas, Image: 29 3/8 x 36 in.  (74.6 x 91.4 cm), Courtesy of the Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute, Utica, New York